Seamless gutters are just as the name suggests - there are no seams or breaks in the gutters, except at the corners. Seamless gutters have quickly become the most popular gutters because they are far less likely to leak, which can cause significant damage to your home.
Seamless gutters are typically made from aluminum, but they can also be made of copper. They are made from one continuous roll of material, which is cut on site to fit the shape of your home using a seamless gutter machine, as opposed to regular cutters, which are pre-cut and pieced together on site using snap-in connectors.
The advantages of seamless gutters include:
- Low risk of leaks
- No ugly seams
- No painting required
- Formed on site to fit your home perfectly
- Typically sold with 5- to 20-year warranties
- Available in a wide variety of colors
- Quick to install
Not all gutter companies install seamless gutters - the process requires special equipment and expertise - so you may have to shop around. Seamless gutter installation is not possible as a do-it-yourself project. The equipment is not readily available to consumers.
The price of seamless gutters depends on the size and shape of your home, the installer you choose and geographic location.
- Generally, expect to spend between $3-$6 per linear square foot of gutters or downspouts.
- Most companies charge and extra $15-$20 per mitered corner.
- For an average-sized home, budget about $1,500-$2,500 for the project.
- The vast majority of companies offer free estimates.
- Some companies charge extra to remove and haul away the old gutters; others do not.
Not surprisingly, installing gutters on a two-story home will be more expensive than installing them on a one-story home. If your homes has features such as dormers that require extra gutters, the total cost will be higher.
Try Our Free Gutter Cost Calculator
Fill out our 30 second free form to receive competitive pricing from pre-screened gutter companies. No commitments. Our service is always free!