Last Updated: July 25, 2022
How Much Does a Skid Steer Pallet Fork Attachment Cost?
KompareIt.com message: Let us do the work for you. Answer a few short questions & get cost estimates for your needs from trusted skid steer attachment companies who service your area. Our service is 100% free!
The incredible versatility of a skid steer loader is why you find them on so many job sites in so many industries. It's the rare piece of equipment that can lift, push, carry, dig, and more, simply by adding the right attachment. And, like the machine, you find the skid steer pallet fork attachment everywhere from construction sites to industrial plants to landscaping and agriculture.
A pallet fork attachment lets you easily handle and transport bagged or bulky – or palletized – materials. Hydraulic pallet forks let the operator handle loading and unloading from the comfort of the cab, for improved efficiency and productivity.
What Is a Pallet Fork Attachment?
A pallet fork attachment turns your skid steer into a forklift. It attaches to the front of the loader and has two prongs designed to fit neatly into a pallet, making it easy to lift, transport, load, and unload palletized materials.
In addition, a pallet fork attachment handles lumber, building materials, and other large, bulky items. The forks come in varying lengths and lift capacity varies widely, depending on the attachment's design.
When using a pallet fork attachment, weight distribution is an important safety component. In other words, you need proper ballast on the back end to ensure your loader doesn't tip. Even if the load doesn't exceed your equipment's weight capacity, tipping is a risk without adequate ballast.
Things to Remember When Purchasing a Pallet Fork Attachment
The best way to ensure you get the right equipment for your job is by understanding exactly what you need your equipment to do for you, as well as what it's capable of doing. For example, if you intend to use pallet forks for tasks other than loading and unloading material, you need to ensure their design can handle those jobs.
Pallet forks typically fall in one of two categories: medium or heavy duty. Medium duty forks typically range between 36" and 72", with a lift capacity between 2,500 and 4,000 pounds. Heavy duty forks range between 42" and 96", with a lift capacity between 4,500 and 6,500 pounds.
In addition to the forks, you need to consider the frame and back plate of the pallet fork system. You want a frame designed to handle your loads, otherwise the back plate can bend. Although cost is important, don't get suckered in by a too-low price. Cheap forks are typically cheaply made, which leads to bent tines and frames. They may also lead to reduced productivity thanks to too much down time. Look for the best pallet fork attachment you can find within your budget, remembering the adage that you get what you pay for.
Things to Consider before Buying
Research your purchase well before signing anything. For example, compatibility is key, as not every attachment works with every loader. Consider buying a universal attachment, which allows you to keep the same attachment, even if you buy a new skid steer.
Also, read online reviews of both the attachment and the vendor. And, if possible, talk to others in your industry who have either used that vendor or bought that pallet fork. Finally, read the warranty and, if you aren't sure what it covers or how long it lasts, ask.
How Much Does a Pallet Fork Attachment Cost?
Pricing varies based on vendor, tine length and width, weight capacity, and more. However, on average, you can expect to pay between $700 and $2,500. You can also buy a used pallet fork attachment and save an average of 40 to 50 percent.
- Everything Attachments 48" HD skid steer pallet forks, 3,400 lbs weight capacity, 1/2" steel frame with 3/8" gussets, 1-1/4" to 48" adjustable fork width, 1/4" steel top guard, price range: $750 to $800
- Woods Equipment PF4048S 48" skid steer pallet fork attachment, 4,000 lbs weight capacity, tine double lock-downs, 1-1/2" to 46" adjustable fork width, price range: $850 to $1,200
- Land Pride PFL4548 48" skid steer pallet fork attachment, 4,500 lbs weight capacity, tall rear guard keeps loads from slipping backwards, 1-1/2" to 48" adjustable fork width, price range: $1,000 to $1,500
- Bradco Universal 48" skid steer pallet forks, quick attach, 4,000 lbs weight capacity, 9" to 45" adjustable fork width, heavy duty frame, price range: $1,200 to $1,800
- Construction Attachments X-treme Duty 48" skid steer, industrial heavy lift pallet forks, 6,400 lbs weight capacity, 1-1/2" to 48" adjustable fork width, top guard designed to provide operator load visibility, price range: $1,600 to $2,000
- HLA Attachments HD7548 48" skid steer pallet fork attachment, 7,500 lbs capacity, C/w Guard, 1-3/4"X 5" class III hook type solid fork lift tines, 50" wide carriage, siding adjustable tines can be locked in any position, price range: $2,000 to $2,400
Find the Best Skid Steer Attachment Dealers Who Will Compete for Your Business
Compare Skid Steer Pallet Fork Attachment Prices
Fill out our 30 second free form to receive competitive pricing from pre-screened skid steer attachment dealers. No commitments. Our service is always free!