Last Updated: July 25, 2022
How Much Does a Skid Steer Concrete Mixer Attachment Cost?
KompareIt.com message: Let us do the work for you. Answer a few short questions & get cost estimates for your needs from trusted skid steer attachment companies who service your area. Our service is 100% free!
Adding a concrete mixer attachment to your skid steer gives you the basic capabilities of a traditional concrete mixer combined with the compact maneuverability of a loader. This type of versatility is the main reason you see track loaders on so many jobsites.
With dozens of attachments available, you save in a variety of ways. First, of course, is the fact that the cost of skid steer attachments is only a fraction of the price of multiple pieces of heavy equipment. In addition, you also reduce the amount of outsourcing and subcontracting required when your crew doesn't have the resources needed to complete the job.
The Benefits of a Concrete Bucket Mixer
A concrete mixer attachment combines the benefits of a skid steer with the capabilities of a cement mixer in one machine. The loader allows you to mix, transport, and pour concrete in tight areas, such as patios and footings, which are too small to accommodate a traditional cement mixer.
You also don't have to pay a third party, or worry about scheduling, when you have the ability to handle your concrete needs in-house. In addition, you aren't forced to pay for more materials or labor than your job requires, since so many ready-mix companies enforce minimum volumes. Instead, pay for only the materials you need using labor performed by your existing crew.
One of the big benefits of the attaching a concrete rotating drum mixer to your skid steer is the ability to mix concrete on the spot, whenever you need to, and without contracting with a third party to finish the job for you. These attachments are both time- and cost-effective, important when margins are thin and labor is scarce.
Part of what makes this so cost-effective is how difficult it can be to find a ready-mix company willing to deliver less than a full load. After all, they have their own costs to consider and typically charge higher prices for smaller loads.
When crews don't have a cement mixer attachment, many turn to using wheel barrels to mix and transport concrete, a slow, labor-intensive process that raises the risk of back injury. A concrete mixer drum saves time, saves labor, saves money, and reduces your risk of on-the-job injury.
How Much Does a Concrete Mixer Attachment Cost?
Pricing for concrete mixer attachment varies widely, depending on size, manufacturer, vendor, and more. You can find some for less than $1,000, but in general you can expect to pay between $2,000 and $12,000, though some cost more. The following estimates should help you when budgeting.
- NortTrac 3-Pt. PTO, 5 cubic foot capacity, steel drum, drum opening 18-5/16", average price range: $800 to $900
- Spartan concrete bucket, 1/2 yard capacity, high back, 60" width, average price range: $1,500 to $2,000
- Bradco skid steer concrete dispenser, 1/2 yard capacity, average price range: $2,200 to $2,600
- Spartan skid steer concrete chuter, 3/4 yard capacity, 54" width, 11" x 30" chute extension, average price range: $2,500 to $2,900
- Eterra Model 2500 cement mixer attachment, 2" hex drive, opposing locking collar to go from auger to cement mixer, average price range: $2,500 to $3,000
- Spartan Professional Series skid steer concrete mixer, 5 cubic feet capacity (mixer), 9 cubic feet capacity (total drum), welded steel drum with internal paddles, average price range: $4,400 to $4,800
- Triple S TSA-A2000, 1/2 yard capacity, easy-attach frame, self-loading, two chutes (24" and 36"), average price: $4,500 to $4,900
- Eterra Mix & Go cement mixer for Bobcat MT-5 Series, 21 cubic feet capacity, sprocket and chain drive system, hydraulic center chute, average price range: $6,500 to $6,900
- Eterra BMX-450 Mix & Go, for mixing large volumes of cement, 119 gallon volume, 16 cubic feet capacity, chain and sprocket drive, average price range: $7,700 to $8,300
Things to Consider When Buying a Concrete Mixer Attachment
It's always a good idea to take the time to research any product before buying, but this is particularly true for a major purchase. Consider the following items carefully before buying.
- Compatibility: Not all attachments work on all skid steer loaders, so check compatibility between both brands and model types. Consider a universal attachment so you don't have to replace it if you buy a new skid steer.
- Warranty: Always ask about the warranty and get the details in writing. You want to know how long the warranty lasts and what it covers.
- Reviews are important: In the age of the Internet, there is no excuse for not checking out reviews before buying. Look carefully at the vendor's and manufacturer's online reviews, but also talk to others for recommendations. Anyone who's put the attachment to the test on the jobsite is a good resource.
Find the Best Skid Steer Attachment Dealers Who Will Compete for Your Business
Compare Skid Steer Concrete Mixer Attachment Prices
Fill out our 30 second free form to receive competitive pricing from pre-screened skid steer attachment dealers. No commitments. Our service is always free!