How Much Does it Cost to Have My Interior Wood Trim Painted White?
Most people prefer to hire someone to do intensive, laborious work for them such as painting interior trim. Many homeowners decide to have their interior wood trim painted white because wood colored trim is now out of date and white is the new modern look. It is also easier for simple decorations and color schemes to fit with the white wood trim color. This small update can make a large impact on the overall feel of your home.
Try Our Free Interior Painting Quote Request Tool
Tell us some details about your needs and get connected to pre-screened companies in your area. Compare free price quotes from multiple companies and save time and money instantly! No obligations to hire or purchase ever!
Types of Wood Trim
There are many different types of wood trim.
- Crown Molding: This trim runs along the top of the wall. It is used to fancy up a room or to hide bad drywall work near the ceiling.
- Baseboard: Baseboard trim runs along the floor and is one of the most common types of trim to have painted because of the reasonable price.
- Casing: Casing (areas around windows and door frames) is another very common wood trim that gets painted.
- Picture Rail: A picture rail is basically like a chair rail, but it is higher and is made for holding hooks and pictures.
- Chair Rail: A chair rails is shorter and closer to the floor. It runs horizontal to the wall and was made for protecting walls from damage caused by chairs. This is now used for more of a decoration.
- Wall Frame Molding: This type of decorative trim is found in higher-end homes or buildings. Wall and frame molding is when four pieces of molding are put together to create the look of a picture frame.
Some homeowners may decide to have the professionals just paint the trim, however some might decide to remove the old crown molding or old wood trim. This is much higher in cost so if your trim is in good shape, painting is more economical than removing and replacing with new white trim.
Average Cost to Paint Wood Trim
The average cost to hire painters to paint your interior wood trim is $1,199. If you’re looking to do it yourself, or just have a small area of trim to be painted either by you or professionals, the lowest average cost to paint interior wood trim is $240. Most homeowners have spent between $627-1,775. A high cost of interior wood trim painting would be $3,700.
The reason your project could become costly is because the professionals have a lot of steps to take to complete the project besides just slap some paint on.
- Caulk: All trim must be caulked between the wall and the trim.
- Tape: Tape off all areas.
- Prime: At least one coat of primer must be applied so that wood grain doesn’t show through. It also prevents peeling.
- Paint: Finally, at least two coats of white paint will be applied.
Compare Price Quotes
The best way to find out how much your trim paint job will cost you is to compare multiple price quotes from local painters. No interior paint job is alike and cost will depend on the size and difficulty of your job. Please use our free request for quote form to get connected to mulitple painters in your area. They will provide you with competitive interior trim painting price quotes with no obligation to hire.