How Much Does a Warehouse Cleaning Company Cost?
Summary: Warehouse Cleaning Service Prices
A weekly warehouse cleaning service for a 75k square foot building will run between $2,500-$3,500 per month. Warehouse floor cleaning and polishing averages about $0.02-$0.07 per square foot. The larger the warehouse, the lower the cost per square foot. Sealing a warehouse floor costs $100 to $200 per hour.
In This Article
- About Warehouse Cleaning
- Warehouse Cleaning Prices
- How to Choose a Cleaning Company
- Free Warehouse Cleaning Service Quotes >>
Everything You Need to Know About Warehouse Cleaning Crews
You’re probably never going to eat off the warehouse floors. But that doesn’t mean your warehouse has to be dirty, dingy and disorganized. A dirty warehouse is a distraction, taking away from efficient operations, and it poses health and safety hazards for your employees.
Most commercial cleaning services offer warehouse cleaning, and a few specialize in warehouses. Pricing is reasonable, although precise costs vary based on factors such as the size of your warehouse, its condition and geographic location.
Get Free Commercial Cleaning Quotes
About Warehouse Cleaning
Believe it or not, warehouse cleaning requires some specialized skills. Cleaners need to understand the specific cleanliness requirements of a warehouse environment, and they must know how to do the job effectively without damaging, moving or losing your merchandise.
Services offered by warehouse cleaning companies include:
- General cleaning and housekeeping
- Picking up and disposing of trash
- Power washing
- Floor cleaning and care
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- HVAC and ventilation cleaning
- Office, bathroom and kitchen cleaning
- Cleaning dirt and dust from rafters
A professional cleaning service should be able to work around your schedule, cleaning before or after business hours, if necessary. You don’t want warehouse employees to have to duck around the cleaning crew while they’re trying to work.
Warehouse Cleaning Prices
Again, the cost of warehouse cleaning varies based upon a number of factors, including the square footage of your space, the condition of the warehouse and your location. Below is some general information about what you can expect to pay.
- A one-time, heavy-duty cleaning might cost $0.20-$2 per square foot. Budget on the lower end for huge warehouses and the higher end for small ones. For a 35,000-square-foot warehouse, the cost might be $1,600-$1,800.
- Weekly cleaning for a 75,000-square-foot warehouse might cost $2,500-$3,500 a month.
- Warehouse floor cleaning and polishing usually costs about $0.02-$0.07 per square foot. The larger the warehouse, the lower the price per square foot. A 150,000 square foot warehouse might cost $0.02-$0.04 per square foot, or $3,000-$6,000. A 25,000 square foot warehouse might cost $0.05-$0.07 per square foot, or $1,250-$1,750.
- By the hour, sealing a warehouse floor might cost $100-$200, not including equipment and materials.
Choosing a Warehouse Cleaning Service
It might be tempting to hire the first company you come across in a web search. All cleaning companies are the same, right? Well, not exactly. Follow these guidelines to find a reputable company with fair prices.
- If you can’t find a local company that specializes in warehouse cleaning, find one that has experience cleaning warehouses. Ask colleagues and associates in your industry for referrals.
- Shop around. Seek multiple quotes to compare prices before hiring any cleaning company. Request an itemized list of all cleaning tasks to make sure you know exactly where your money is going.
- Make sure the company you hire is licensed and insured. Ask for proof. If the company is not insured, your company could be responsible for any accidents or injuries that occur during cleaning.
- Do some background research on any company you’re considering. Check the company’s track record with consumer protection organizations like the Better Business Bureau. Ask for references - and check them.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. How long has the company been in business? Does the company run background checks on employees? Will the cleaning take place the same day and time every week, or will it vary? Will a specific crew be assigned to you, or will different people show up every week?