Compare Samsung vs LG Washer and Dryer Costs
Samsung Washer and Dryer Overview
Samsung is a global powerhouse in electronics manufacturing, with more than 70 years in the business. The company makes TVs, smartphones, tablets, cameras and laptops, among many other products.
Samsung washers and dryers receive great reviews from consumers and critics alike. In 2011, the company’s washers and dryers were ranked highest in customer satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates.
How Much Do Samsung Washer and Dryers Cost?
Samsung washers range in price from about $700 to $1,700. On the low end of that price range, you’ll find 3.5 cubic foot machines with vibration reduction technology and self-cleaning features. On the high end, you’ll be able to purchase a larger, 4.3 cubic foot steam washer with advanced vibration reduction technology.
Samsung dryers are priced from about $700 to $1,500. On the low end of that price range, you’ll find a 7.3 cubic foot dryer with sensors that stop that machine when your clothes are dry. On the high end, you’ll find a 7.5 cubic foot steam dryer with additional features such as 13 preset cycles and five temperature settings.
Samsung Washer and Dryer Pros
- Price - Samsung washers and dryers tend to be less expensive than comparable LG models.
- Size - With Samsung, you get slightly larger capacity washers and dryers for the money.
- Less vibration - Samsung is highly regarded for its patented Vibration Reduction Technology (VRT). All brands offer some version of the technology, but Samsung’s gets rave reviews.
Samsung Washer and Dryer Cons
- Color options - Samsung offers fewer color options than LG. Only two of 15 models are available in increasingly-popular stainless steel.
- No allergen cycle - Unlike LG, Samsung does not offer a steam-enhanced anti-allergen feature.
Try Our Free Quote Request Tool
Tell us some details about your needs and get connected to pre-screened companies in your area. Compare free price quotes from multiple companies and save time and money instantly! No obligations to hire or purchase ever!
LG Washer and Dryer Overview
LG is a Korean company that began making consumer electronics in 1958. Today, the company has a wide range of products, including TVs, smartphones, appliances, and computer hardware and accessories.
Much like Samsung, LG washers and dryers get great reviews from consumers and critics. Even the basic models are equipped with features such as LCD screens and anti-vibration technology, although LG also offers high-end models with very large capacities and ultra-modern features.
How Much Do LG Washer and Dryers Cost?
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for LG washers ranges from $750 to $1,700. On the low end of that price range, you’ll find top-loading, 3.5 cubic foot washers with anti-vibration systems. On the high end, you’ll find front-loading, 4.7 cubic foot machines with touch buttons and color LCD displays.
LG dryers range in price from $750 to $1,800. The less expensive dryers are 7.1 cubic foot machines equipped with sensor dry technology, while the more expensive models are 7.4 cubic foot machines with steam technology, touch buttons and color LCD displays.
LG Washer and Dryer Pros
- Quiet - ConsumerReports.org rated LG machines as some of the quietest they tested.
- More color choices - LG offers a greater number of models in the popular stainless steel finish. The manufacturer even offers a top-loading washing machine in stainless steel.
- Anti-allergen cycle - LG offers a unique feature called Allergiene on its steam washing machines that reduces allergens.
LG Washer and Dryer Cons
- Cost - LG washers and dryers tend to be more expensive than Samsung. Comparable LG models cost slightly more.
- Size - LG models tend to be smaller than similarly priced Samsung models.